Practice Update – June 20202 June 2020
We are preparing to accept patients into the practice from Monday the 8th of June 2020. Part of this involves giving you an update on the steps we are taking.
Please bear with us currently. Your routine appointments may be cancelled and re-scheduled to allow extra time for social distancing and our infection control procedures.
Infection control has always been a top priority. Our practice follows stringent standards of infection control so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We are now focusing on new practice protocols in order to operate a safe and efficient dental practice for all our patients, our staff and our wider community following the COVID-19 crisis.
You will note some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We are making these changes and revising our protocols to help protect you, our patients, and our team.
Before you arrive at the practice, we will ask you to:
- Attend alone, wherever possible
- Thoroughly brush your teeth just before arrival
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds before leaving your home
- Complete a pre-appointment screening process questionnaire
- If you have a face mask at home please wear it to attend your appointment
When at the practice, we will ask you to:
- Enter the practice via the rear of the building. This will be sign-posted on Riseley Street. The postcode is SK10 1BW
- Use hand sanitizer
- Allow us to take your temperature
To ensure a safe environment, we will:
- Install perspex panels or ‘germ-guards’ along the reception desk
- Clearly mark out respecting social distance recommendations
- Manage appointments to allow for social distancing between patients
- Set up a daily health screening checkpoint and log for the screening of all staff entering the workplace
- Minimise staff interaction
- Equip our dental staff with additional PPE when in surgery
- Decontaminate communal areas prior to practice opening, at lunchtime and at the end of the day
- Remove newspapers and magazines from the waiting room
As and when we hear advice from our professional governing bodies, we will keep you updated. Regardless of whether we are open or closed, you can still contact us.
We are available 7-days a week regarding any dental problems or concerns you may have during this outbreak. We will be able to offer advice, prescribe pain relief and antibiotics should your symptoms meet certain criteria. For dental problems we are unable to manage, we have access to refer patients to the COVID-19 dental emergency Hub network.
You can telephone the practice on 01625 431 063 or email us directly on email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are implementing to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.